1. Introduction and general terms
Novocertus is committed to protecting any personal information we obtain about you.
- What information Novocertus may collect about you;
- How Novocertus will use information we collect about you;
- When Novocertus may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Novocertus will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. Who we are
Novocertus is a registered company.
3. What information will Novocertus collect about me?
When you contact Novocertus to to make enquires about our services, or sign up to our newsletter, or you telephone, email, write to Novocertus, or engage with Novocertus via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
This can consist of information such as your name, email address, telephone or mobile number.
By submitting your details, you enable Novocertus to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select.
If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, Novocertus may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
4. How will Novocertus use the information you collect about me?
Novocertus will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- In relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means;
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us;
- To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- To personalise the way Novocertus content is presented to you;
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Novocertus website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Novocertus will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including though online or paper forms.
Please see section 10 below for information on how to change your communication preferences, including opting out of future marketing communications.
6. Will Novocertus share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within Novocertus for the purposes for which it was obtained. Novocertus will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. They will only act under our instruction and we will not allow these organisations to use your data for their own purposes and will take care to ensure that they keep your data secure.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Novocertus, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content placed on the Novocertus website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the Novocertus website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Novocertus service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Novocertus reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of Ireland (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. How long will Novocertus keep my personal data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
9. Storing your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. What is Novocertus’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: 087 2497350
You may also opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Novocertus.
If you wish to make any data protection related enquiries or requests about your personal data please contact the us on:
Under the National Legislation from 1998 and 2003 and the GDPR you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
11. Cookies Policy – information Novocertus collects from your computer or mobile device
a. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website’s server. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Information supplied in cookies also allows us to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns for Novocertus. This enables us to ensure any money we spend on digital marketing gives us a good return on investment.
Updated September 2022